Caption: This photo shows cars parked on the cobblestone levee in front of the future Arch grounds in May 1938. At right, a switching locomotive hauls boxcars along the riverfront railroad trestle. Owned by the Terminal Railroad Association, the trestle wasn't removed until the early 1960s, when the track was rerouted on the tunnels and cuts running through the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Moving those tracks proved to be one of the major sources of delay for the project. (Post-Dispatch)
Album ID: 1092643
Photo ID: 31999529
This is a low-resolution representation of a high-resolution photo suitable for print reproduction. If the image displayed above is color - the print will be color. If the image displayed above is black and white - the print will be black and white.
This preview does not represent high image quality of the products that can be ordered from this site.
Unauthorized reproduction of this image prohibited by law. Watermarks do not appear on the final product.