Caption: The St. Louis Coliseum, on the southwest corner of Jefferson and Washington avenues. It was the site of the 1916 Democratic National Convention that renominated President Woodrow Wilson for a second term. The 10,000-seat auditorium opened in 1908 and and also was the scene of tennis and wrestling matches, swim meets, Veiled Prophet balls and a few sermons by the Rev. Billy Sunday before its draw waned with the opening of the St. Louis (Kiel) Auditorium in 1934. The Coliseum was demolished in 1953. (Post-Dispatch)
Album ID: 1260604
Photo ID: 36087304
This is a low-resolution representation of a high-resolution photo suitable for print reproduction. If the image displayed above is color - the print will be color. If the image displayed above is black and white - the print will be black and white.
This preview does not represent high image quality of the products that can be ordered from this site.
Unauthorized reproduction of this image prohibited by law. Watermarks do not appear on the final product.